And so, a full year has passed. I’ve decided to finish this run with a self portrait. Fifty two paintings in one year. There weren’t many times when I thought I wouldn’t finish, but what has surprised me is that 365 days have passed. I still have an armful of potential subject matter to paint!
Some statistics, in the past year:
- Exactly one person posted two non spam comments on the website (my daughter).
- I received over 2,300 spam posts in the year.
- The most popular spam picture Week Four – Shanty, with a close second to Week Thirty – Lok’tar
- No-one clicked on the Buy Me A Beer button, therefore no-one bought me a beer (my wife did but only after I told her).
- My favourite picture was Week Judge Dredd right up to last week, when Week 51 Fear The People took it’s spot.
- My least favourites are Week Twenty Six – It’s a Well and Week Five – Beach Cove. They are both bland.
- From my friends, most people have different favourites, but nearly everyone really like Week Three – Snow, which is kind of amazing as it’s only painted in two colours and black.
So what’s next. I’m going to continue to paint, but not on this scale. I’m going to get as many of these paintings available as prints that people can purchase, will post details when that happens. And I think I’m going to learn the piano.